Power Hour 2021: Ahmed Abou Hashima, CEO, Egyptian Steel & Egyptian Cement, Ranks 2nd
Ranking 2: Ahmed Abou Hashima, CEO, Egyptian Steel & Egyptian Cement
Ahmed Abou Hashima is known as a remarkable patriotic self-made Egyptian entrepreneur. He is one of the main pillars of the national economy in Egypt.
In 2010 he founded Egyptian Steel Group with investments exceeding 1 billion dollars. Egyptian Steel consists of 4 plants with the latest eco-friendly technologies in the steel industry that produces 2.3 million tons per year of steel rebars. His choice of the Group’s four plants to be strategically located across the nation gave the company a logistic and competitive advantage in covering the whole country. Port Said Plant started in 2012.
Alexandria plant started in 2015. The Beni Suef Plant started in 2016. Al Ain Al Sokhna Plant started in 2018.
In 2016, Ahmed Abou Hashima established Egyptian Media Group, a conglomerate of all types of media services that has more than 17 companies in all the different fields of the media under one umbrella with the strongest digital media, visual and audio platforms.
He established Egyptian Cement in 2017, where he created what he calls “a one-stop shop for building materials” with investments of over 6 billion pounds and an annual capacity of 2 million tons. In May 2021, marked the actual commencement of production of Egyptian Cement plant in Sohag governorate, the first plant of its kind in Upper-Egypt.
In March 2021, Ahmed Abou Hashima launched his charitable foundation “Abou Hashima El Kheir” engaged in philanthropy, community development, entrepreneurships and different charitable initiatives.
Ahmed Abou Hashima is a strong believer that his success in the business world will not be complete without an equally successful community role. He launched several initiatives, aimed at achieving sustainable development, developing the young generation of Egypt and supporting gifted athletes and special needs champions. In addition to social initiative aiming at supporting the community in times of needs.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Arabian Business CEO of the Year – 2013
- Arabian Business Best Visionary Award – 2014
- Most Influential Businessman in the World by the International Council for Human
Rights, Arbitration Politics and Strategic Studies – 2014
- Arabian Business One of the Top 100 Powerful Arabs – 2014
- Executive of the Year & Rising Businessman of the Year Stevie Awards – 2015
- Honored by Al Fayoum University for his leading community role – 2015
- Young Arab Entrepreneur Murex D’Or – 2015
- Man of the Year BIAF – 2015
- Best CEO in the Steel Industry European CEO Magazine Awards – 2015
- Arabian Business One of the Most 100 Influential Arabs in the World – 2017
- The Most Social Executive LinkedIn’s MENA Talents Award – 2017
- Arabian Business the 100 Most Successful Arab Personalities – 2018
- Construction Business News 60 Most Influential Figures in the Middle East – 2018
- Esquire Magazine 100 Successful and Distinguished Arabs – 2018
- Arabian Business from the top three of the World’s Most Powerful Arabs – 2019
- Construction Business News Power Hour top three – 2019
- The Stevie Entrepreneur of the Year Conglomerates and Manufacturing and Lifetime
Achievement awards – 2019
- He was honored as the most influential person in 2020 in the industrial and community sectors
from Steel Network – 2021
- Abou Hashima received a recognition from The Egyptian Red Cross for his remarkable
philanthropic role – 2021
- Ahmed Abou Hashima was honored by HE the Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El Sisi with the
Golden Certificate for his valuable contribution with the “Tahya Masr” Fund’s projects – 2021