Revealed: winners of the Construction Innovation Awards Qatar
Construction Business News ME celebrated its awards ceremony, Construction Innovation Awards in Ritz-Carlton Doha last night.
The ceremony recognised people and projects contributing to the innovation of the construction industry in Qatar.
After months of preparations and hundreds of nominations, 20 companies were awarded for their achievements and contributions towards the advancement of Qatar during this important time in the country’s development.
Activity in Qatar’s construction sector has increased at such a rate over recent years that it is now one of the world’s most active construction markets, with a project pipeline valued in excess of $280bn.
The night commenced with a speech by the guest of honour, Mr. Mohammed Bin Ahmed Bin Towar al Kuwari, the vice chairman of Qatar Chamber. After which, managing partner of BNC Publishing Wissam Younane welcomed distinguished guests and valued allies including platinum ally, Raimondi and gold allies Famco and Arcadia Engineering.
Click here to see Construction Innovation Awards: Qatar 2015 photo gallery.
The categories and winners of the Construction Innovation Awards included:
- Young Engineer of The Year – Ramesh Krishnasamy, from Atkins
- Engineer of The Year 2015 – Eng. Khaled Elshazly from Qatar Australian Construction Systems.
- Project Manager of The Year – Simon Elleray of Brookfield Multiplex.
- Industry Ecosystem Innovation Award – SAK Holding
- Supplier of The Year – BASF
- FM Company of The Year – EMCO
- Subcontractor of The Year – Arabian MEP
- Health and Safety Initiative of the Year – Alec and Gulf Contracting Company for their joint venture on the Doha Festival City project.
- Consulting Firm of The Year – Hill International
- Overall Project of the Year – Mall of Qatar, as led by Urbacon
- Regional Market Penetration Award – Drake and Scull International
- Sustainable Project of The Year – Tadmur HQ in Energy City, Lusail.
- Architectural Firm of The Year – LACASA
- Engineering Firm of The Year – Arab Engineering Bureau
- Contractor of The Year – Brookfield Multiplex
- MEP Contractor of The Year – Al-Futtaim Engineering
- Commercial Management Firm of The Year – Faithful + Gould
- Industry Influence Award – Al Sraiya Holding Group
- Structural integrity innovation – T.T.M
- Diversified Portfolio Innovation Award – NBK Construction Holding