Power Hour 2020: Pierre Santoni, President of Parsons MEA, Ranks 5th
CBNME’S Power Hour Annual List of the Middle East’s Top 60 features the most prominent Contractors, Real estate Developers, Consultants, Architects, Facilities Management, Asset Management Companies, and so much more that encapsulates the construction industry.
These influential leaders have reshaped the industry with their introduction of new innovative strategies and thought leadership that makes them stand apart in 2020.
You can check out the full coverage of the Power Hour here.
5. Pierre Santoni, President of Parsons MEA
Pierre Santoni, President of Parsons MEA, has ensured that the organization continues to deliver growth through the application of their three strategic pillars: enhancing and optimizing their core operations, extending into opportunity-rich adjacent markets, and maintaining to acquire and integrate transformative, and disruptive technologies.
Under Pierre’s leadership, Parsons has worked on and completed numerous projects around the region. To name a few:
- The Dubai Metro Route 2020 extension has reached substantial completion at the end of June 2020 and was inaugurated by HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid al Maktoum on 7 July. Parsons has been leading the PMC team since the project’s inception in 2014.
- The Dubai Creek Harbour initial western access bridge was inaugurated a few weeks ago. It is the first of several packages to ultimately constitute the Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Corridor, linking the Jadaf area to International City and beyond. Parsons were providing design and construction supervision services for the whole scheme.
- In Abu Dhabi, the Airport Interchange and the associated road network, a vital link serving existing and planned future developments at AUH was completed and open to service.
“Parsons is focused on delivering a better world through a digitally enabled, customer-focused approach to providing differentiated solutions consisting of hardware and software products, and services that support our customers’ most critical missions. We’ve initially concentrated on leveraging four fundamental technologies to deliver disruptive solutions: artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML), autonomous systems, cloud computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT),” said Pierre.
Pierre sees enormous potential and opportunities to apply its strategic pillars on some of the region’s most significant projects. Such as:
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – assignments for the mega projects (Amaala, Neom, Qiddiyah, Red Sea), Riyadh metro extension, and other projects in support of Vision 2030,
- Dubai – continued projects in development for the Expo 2020 event next year.
- Abu Dhabi – multiple opportunities with a focus on smart cities, transport infrastructure, Emirati housing, etc.
- Kuwait – continued support for infrastructure upgrades and public housing.
- Oman – poised to support public, private partnerships in all sectors.