Maersk adds senior management to Executive Board
In line with the strategic direction announced in September 2016 A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S has made significant progress in focusing the future business on container shipping, ports, and logistics.
To further accelerate the development of customer oriented end-to-end transportation and logistics solutions, the board of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S today announces that it is strengthening the management of the company by appointing the chief operating officer, chief commercial officer, as well as the CEO of APM Terminals, to the Executive Board.
Effective 1st December 2017, Vincent Clerc, executive vice president and chief commercial officer; Morten Engelstoft, executive vice president and chief executive officer APM Terminals; and Søren Toft, executive vice president and chief operating officer, will join the Executive Board of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S.
Søren Skou, CEO of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S, said: “We have made good progress on the separation of the oil and oil related businesses as well as the integration of container shipping, ports, and logistics. The expansion of the Executive Board will further accelerate our journey towards delivering seamless end to end experiences to our customers. Vincent, Morten, and Søren have all demonstrated strong leadership and customer focus as well as delivered solid results over many years. They are recognised, visionary, and global leaders in the container shipping, ports and logistics industry. I look forward to having them take on additional executive responsibility and to join me and the rest of the Executive Board on the journey towards the future Maersk.”
Jim Hagemann Snabe, chairman of the Board of Directors, A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S said: “I am very pleased to see how Søren Skou and the Executive Board have executed on our vision to become a focused transport and logistics company as outlined in the strategy. Today’s Board of Directors’ decision to expand the Executive Board will further strengthen the pace of the strategy implementation.”
New composition of the Executive Board of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S
- Søren Skou, CEO A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S
- Claus V. Hemmingsen, Vice CEO A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S and CEO of the Energy division
- Jakob Stausholm, Executive Vice President A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S and Chief Finance, Strategy and Transformation Officer
- Vincent Clerc, Executive Vice President A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S and Chief Commercial Officer, Chairman Damco
- Morten Engelstoft, Executive Vice President A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S and CEO for APM Terminals, Chairman Svitzer
- Søren Toft, Executive Vice President A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S and Chief Operating Officer, Chairman Maersk Container Industry, Board Member of Hamburg Süd Supervisory Board (pending regulatory approval)