August 14, 2018

You are here:    Home      News      Abraaj sells entire stake in Orascom Construction for $52mn

Abraaj sells entire stake in Orascom Construction for $52mn

Abraaj Group
Published in
News

Embattled private equity firm, Abraaj, has sold its entire 5.4% stake in Egypt-based Orascom Construction Ltd for about $52mn.

The move came after the company crossed a 5% filing threshold on June 6, the company said in statement in Dubai.
The holding company is facing two lawsuits from creditors over the non-payment of debt and is battling allegations that it misused investor money in a $1bn healthcare fund, a charge it denies, reported Reuters.
In addition to this, in India, Kumar Mangalam Birla-controlled Aditya Birla Group, which tied up with private equity house Abraaj Group in 2015 for its renewable energy business, is said to be seeking a new investor for the business, reports said.
Aditya Birla Renewables Ltd is a joint venture between the Birla Group and Abraaj, with Birla holding a 51% stake and Gulf-based holding company the remaining 49% stake.

 

Leave a Reply

About us

Construction Business News is an original title by media production house BNC Publishing, covering the Middle East’s lucrative construction market. Covering the industry’s most important sectors each issue of Construction Business News analysis the latest developments and trends in real estate, contracting, MEP, FM, construction machinery, architecture and sustainability... READ MORE

Get in touch

Al Thuraya Tower #1, Dubai Media City
PO Box 502511, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
+971 4 420 0506